This PP applies to all personal data of natural persons obtained by Us through Our Website, whether in electronic, hardcopy or other form, whereas such personal data may be processed by Us together with any and all offline sources, including, without limitation sales and marketing activities. The terms "personal data", "processing", "data subject", "controller" and "processor" shall, for the purpose of this PP, have the meaning as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"). Please note that if Our Website navigates You to a link to a website which is not Our or under Our control, then to those webpages this PP does not apply, and We are not responsible for the privacy related practices of any entity that We do not own or control and We strongly recommend that You make sure You do introduce Yourself with such privacy policies and notices of any such third-parties (by way of example, typically those would be LinkedIn or websites of regulators to the pharma industry).
For the sake of clarity, this PP does not apply to personal data of Our employees, nor of Our (sub)contractors. Should You not feel comfortable sharing Your personal data with Us, with a regret We advise and recommend to leave Our Website immediately.Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through Our Website.
What, Why and How?
Access over the internet (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. f) GDPR)
When You visit Our Website, Our web server makes a temporary record of each access and stores it in a log file. The following data of Yours is recorded and stored:
- Your IP address
- Date and time of access
- Browser type and operating system
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page)
- Name of Your internet service provider
The purpose of collecting these data is to allow use of the Website (and in Our interest, to be able to display Our Website as a reliable and safe one for You), for system security, for technical administration of the network infrastructure and to optimize Our internet service. The IP address is only evaluated, if there exists a justified suspicion of an illegal use based on specific indications.
Contact form (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 1a), b) and f) GDPR)
If you provide us with Your information via Our contact form, We collect the following data:
- Your name
- Your email
- Your title/role
- Subject of Your message/query
- Your message
We use this information to respond to Your request via email. Additionally, we can use Your information to personally tailor Our response to You and provide You with specific information for Your business. You provide Us with the data on a voluntary basis through completion of the contact form.
By accessing and using Our Website, we assume that You are happy for Us to place cookies on Your device. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, if You, or another user of Your device, wish to withdraw Your consent at any time, You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying Your browser setting. If You choose to decline cookies, You may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of Our Website and related services.
The cookies placed on Our Website. We use the following cookies on Our Website:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable You to move around Our Website and use its features. Without these cookies, the Website and related services You have asked for cannot be provided. They are deleted when You close the browser. These are first party cookies.
- Performance cookies. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use Our Website. They allow Us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Website when they are using it and the approximate regions that they are visiting from. These are first party cookies.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow Our Website to remember choices You make (such as Your user name, language or the region You are in, if applicable) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track Your browsing activity on other Websites. These are first party cookies.
- Targeting or advertising cookies. These cookies allow Us and Our advertisers to deliver information more relevant to You and Your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times You see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. They remember that You have visited Our Website and may help Us in compiling Your profile. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on Your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion.
- Social Media cookies. These cookies allow You to connect with social media networks such as Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn and Google+. These are persistent cookies which will be kept on Your device until their expiration or earlier manual deletion.
We may combine information from these types of cookies and technologies with information about You from other sources.
Web Analysis & Tracking (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR)
Where permitted by law, we may combine personal data that You provide Us with, whether through contact form or else, with other information that we have obtained through Our Website from You or, through Our offline records and information provided to Us by third parties. For more information, please check above for the part on Cookies.
Marketing (Legal basis: Art. 6 para. 1 a) GDPR)
We would be pleased to send You information about Our services which may be of interest to You. If You have consented to receive marketing/promotion related material/information, You may opt out later by emailing email@example.com. Notwithstanding the foregoing and even if You opt out of receiving such communications, We will retain the right to send You non-marketing communications (such as important product safety information and the like, as applicable).
Subject to certain limitations, You have following rights with regards to Your data:
- Right to request information as to whether Your data is being processed, and, where that is the case, access Your personal data with Us (15 GDPR).
- Right to demand correction of incorrect personal data and completion of incomplete personal data (Art. 16 GDPR).
- Right to deletion of personal data if not in conflict with a statutory retention requirement (Art. 17 GDPR).
- Right to restrict the processing of personal data (Art. 18 GDPR).
- Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR). In other words, the right to receive the data that You have provided within a structured, standard and machine-readable format. You may also transmit this data to other sources or have it transmitted by Us.
- Right to object the data processing at any time (Art. 21 GDPR).
- Right to withdraw Your consent (provided it has been given to Us) at any time.
To exercise Your rights, please contact Us via the means mentioned above in the Introduction.
In addition to the above rights, You also have a right to not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing – NextPV, however, does not process personal data this way.
Should You believe that Our processing of personal data does not comply with the GDPR, You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (77 GDPR).
The above-mentioned limitations consist mainly in such situations where exercising Your rights would result in breach of rights of another data subject, or Our breach of certain legal obligations (by way of example, if You request Your personal data to be deleted, We may be subject to retention obligations under specific laws preventing Us from doing so earlier than upon expiration of such retention term).
We only retain Your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purpose for which they were collected, as outlined in this PP. The retention period will, however, be different based on the purpose of the initial collection and pertaining legislation. By way of example, reports related to pharmacovigilance are kept for a minimum of ten years after the withdrawal of the subject product in the last country where the product is marketed, while CVs of unsuccessful applicants would be discarded on the date of signature of the employment contract with the successful applicant (unless You have granted Us a consent for whatever longer period of time to store Your personal data pertaining to Your job application).
Sharing (is Caring) and Transfers
We may need to share Your personal data with third parties, such as Our (sub)contractors, potential merger partners, or external advisors (technical service providers, accountants, legal and tax advisors, etc.). All of the aforementioned are subject to contractual obligations pertaining to data privacy with Us, applying the same or even stringent level of care to Your personal data as We do hereunder.
GDPR restricts transfers of personal data outside EU/EEA, unless such transfer can be legally justified thereunder. Please note, that Your personal data obtained by Us through Our Website may be transferred to or stored in a geographic area that imposes privacy obligation other than those applicable in the country of origin of Your personal data. In other words, Your personal data may be transferred to a country with less restrictive data protection than the one that applies in the country of origin of the personal data. Within NextPV, in case of transfers of personal data that originate in EU/EEA to such third country outside the EU/EEA or, outside country holding decision on adequacy by European Commission, we establish the contracts with third parties, whether in or outside EU/EEA, following EU Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2021/914 of 4 June on standard contractual clauses for the transfer of personal data to third countries pursuant to GDPR.
We, as well as Our third-party contractors, have implemented various reasonable technical and organizational measures to ensure and the integrity and confidentiality of and prevent from any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal data that We access or receive through Our Website. Please be aware that the transmission of any information via Internet is never completely secure. Whilst We can do Our best to keep Our own systems secure, We cannot control the whole of the Internet and We cannot therefore guarantee the security of Your information as it is transmitted to and from Our Website.
Our Website is not designed nor intended for use by minors under the age of 18, and we request that minors do not provide any personal data through the Website. If Your child has submitted personal data to Us and You would like to request that such personal data are removed, please contact Us as suggested above in the Introduction. We do not provide Our services to minors, nor do We market to minors.
We reserve the right to review and modify this PP from time to time. Any changes to this PP will be directly reflected on Our Website without any notification. We recommend that You review and re-visit this PP on a regular basis for any changes. For the date of its latest version please check at the very bottom of this PP.
Last update: June 17th, 2022